Aquatic fitness classes are available to members at no cost. If you are not a member, you are welcome to take advantage of our day pass option. Drop in and join a class anytime! For more information, contact the Information Desk at 263-6232 or our Fitness & Wellness Manager at email@example.com.
Information on swim lessons can be found HERE.
Benefits of regular aquatic exercise:
- Fantastic cardiovascular and endurance conditioning
- Easy on joints
- Safe & effective for most people and age groups (13 years of age and older)
- Helpful for reducing blood pressure and improving blood glucose control
- Effective for reducing stress and improving mood
- Improves sleep
- Allows for exercise consistency despite weather conditions
- Efficient and challenging form of exercise for all fitness levels
Red Cross Lifeguarding Class
Become a Certified Lifeguard!
The Centre’s Red Cross certified lifeguard training staff is offering a Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course. This course is a requirement for employment as a lifeguard at most pools, beaches, and lakes in America. Interested in starting or continuing your career as a lifeguard? Sign up today!
- April 17 – 21 (5 – 9 pm nightly)
- April 22 (8 am – 4 pm)
Cost: $265 (Guest) | $225 (Centre Member)
Physical Requirements for Course Completion:
- Must be 15 on or before the last day of class
- 300 yard swim using front crawl and breast stroke
- Tread water – legs only (hands in arm pits) for 2 minutes
- Retrieve a 10 lb. brick from 10 feet of water
- Swim 20 yards with the brick and get out of the pool without using a ladder or stairs in under 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Participants of The Centre American Red Cross lifeguarding classes may be eligible for partial reimbursement of class expenses if hired as a lifeguard at The Centre.
- No refunds for failure to complete the class.