Impact Basketball began in 2011 and has quickly become
the premier instructional league in Lenawee County.
Leagues are set up by grade levels and there are separate divisions for boys and girls. The rules are age appropriate and designed to teach children the game of basketball while keeping it fun and competitive. The season is also filled with great devotions and team times that use the game of basketball to develop life skills from a Biblical perspective. Our end of the season celebrations have featured high energy acts that children love, such as former Harlem Globe Trotter, Seth Franco, national dribbling sensation Tanya Crevier, and national dribbling family, Bruce Crevier with his crew! Celebrations are committed to ministering to children around the country through the game of basketball.
Saturdays beginning January 14th
Starting the week of January 9th
PreK/K meet on Saturday mornings only for 1/2 hour practice and 1/2 hour game.
Girls Grades Pre-K- 6th
December 3rd @The Centre (1st-8th grades only)
Pricing: $35 Centre Members/$50 Non Members
$20 late fee after December 3rd
Make-up Evaluations: TBD
Meet the Team Night
When: January 5th
Where: The Centre
ALL Pre-K/K & Boys 1st,2nd: 5:30-6:30
Girls 1st,2nd,3rd & Boys 3rd,4th: 6:30-7:30
Girls 4th,5th,6th & Boys 5th,6th,7th: 7:30-8:30
Season End Celebration!
When: February 28th
Where: Centre Stage at The Centre
Impact Basketball Frequently Asked Questions:
Member $35; Non Member $50;
$20 late fee after December 3rd: Member $55; Non Member $70
Boys-Grades Pre-K-8th; Girls Grades Pre-K- 6th
Starting the week of January 9th one night a week TBD. PreK/K meet on Saturday mornings only for 1/2 hour practice and 1/2 hour game.
This division plays only on Saturdays. The first 20 minutes they meet will be a team practice followed by a brief devotional and finishes up with 30 minutes of game play against an opponent.
Athletes should wear comfortable shorts or pants, a T-shirt or jersey, and clean athletic shoes.
Practices are at the Centre, the LCS gym, AFCON, Element Church and at some of our partner churches.
Games will be Saturday mornings January 14th-January 25th
Games are played at the Centre, the LCS gym, AFCON and at some of our partner churches.
We do evaluations for basketball to ensure teams have athletes of all playing abilities on them. We attempt to make teams as even as possible to ensure a great season for all players.
Evaluations are on Saturday, December 3rd. Evaluations are for athletes in grades 1-8 only. Evaluation Times: 1st & 2nd grade@9 a.m., 3rd & 4th grade@10 a.m., 5th & 6th, 7th & 8th grade@11 a.m.
We do our best to honor all requests, but the fairness and equality of the league comes first. Requests are not guaranteed to be met. In order for requests to be fulfilled all players involved must attend evaluations.
- The Centre develops unique rules for each sport and each age level based on best practices. Also note that rules will gradually tighten through the year as the children develop more and more skill.
- League registrations may be capped based on gym space. Please register as early as possible to ensure a slot!
- Practice locations will range from The Centre to local church gyms.
- Game locations are primarily at The Centre, but depending on league size will include other locations.
- Teams are balanced competitively based on evaluations. Beyond that we will honor parent/child and sibling relationships within the same league. Requests for particular practice times and/or friends will be honored when possible, but cannot be guaranteed given the size of the league. In order for requests to be fulfilled all players involved must attend evaluations.
- Parents and fans are expected to model positive, Christ-honoring behavior and sportsmanship at all times. While we aim for no mistakes on or off the court, they will happen. We expect parents to work along side the Impact team to resolve situations quickly and for the benefit of the children.
- All coaches are required to pass a state and national background check. Previous basketball experience is preferred. If you are not comfortable giving team devotions, our staff will assist you or we will match you with a partner coach that is gifted that way.
- Volunteers are vital to this league. Please prayerfully consider helping out, whether it is as a coach, a scorekeeper, a referee, or concession worker.