American Red Cross Lifeguarding Class
The Centre’s Red Cross certified lifeguard training staff is offering a Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course. This course is a requirement for employment as a lifeguard at most pools, beaches, and lakes in America. Interested in starting or continuing your career as a lifeguard? Sign up today!
December 17-20 | 8 am – 5 pm
$265 (Guest) | $195 (Centre Member)
Physical Requirements for Course Completion:
- Must be 15 on or before December 20, 2018
- 300 yard swim using front crawl and breast stroke
- Tread water – legs only (hands in arm pits) for 2 minutes
- Retrieve a 10 lb. brick from 10 feet of water
- Swim 20 yards with the brick and get out of the pool without using a ladder or stairs in under 1 minute and 40 seconds.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Class
Trains lifeguarding instructor candidates to teach American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguarding Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
Note: To teach Waterfront Skills, Lifeguarding instructors must possess a basic-level Waterfront Skills certificate
December 17-19 | 8 am – 5 pm
$295 (Guest) | $250 (Centre Member)
Prerequisites for Course Completion:
- Must be 17 years of age
- Possess a current Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, An equivalent certificate from another organization,
- Complete the Online Session for the Lifeguarding Instructor course and complete the precourse session
- Participants of The Centre American Red Cross lifeguarding classes may be eligible for partial reimbursement of class expenses if hired as a lifeguard at The Centre.
- Payment is due at the time of registration. Refunds are not available after participation in the first class session.