Red Cross Lifeguarding Class
The Centre’s Red Cross certified lifeguard training staff is offering a Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course. This course is a requirement for employment as a lifeguard at most pools, beaches, and lakes in America. Interested in starting or continuing your career as a lifeguard? Sign up today!
April 9-20 | 5 – 9 pm | Mon/Wed/Fri
$265 (Guest) | $225 (Centre Member)
Physical Requirements for Course Completion:
- Must be 15 on or before April 20, 2018
- 300 yard swim using front crawl and breast stroke
- Tread water – legs only (hands in arm pits) for 2 minutes
- Retrieve a 10 lb. brick from 10 feet of water
- Swim 20 yards with the brick and get out of the pool without using a ladder or stairs in under 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Participants of The Centre American Red Cross lifeguarding classes may be eligible for partial reimbursement of class expenses if hired as a lifeguard at The Centre.
- Payment is due at the time of registration. Refunds are not available after participation in the first class session.