Job Title: Lead Cook
Classification: Salaried Non-exempt
Reports to: The Centre Managing Director
The Lead Cook is responsible for all prep work and cooking for the Café and catered events. He/she will direct the kitchen staff. Specific training is required so that food items are prepared to the specifications of our menus. The Lead Cook will be responsible to provide an excellent, timely, consistent product and a hospitable environment to customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A Christ-centered life and commitment to excellence.
- Food Handler’s Card is required. Food Safety Manager Certification preferred.
- Enjoy people of all ages and the opportunity to interact with them.
- Assertive nature to detect, diffuse, and deal with conflicts in a healthy and God-honoring way.
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures in a positive manner.
- Ability to stand and walk outside for extended periods of time.
- Must possess excellent time-management skills and be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Set a high standard with respect to infection control procedures through impeccable personal habits and best-practices precautions in the areas of food tasting, coughing, sneezing, hand washing and use of hair restraint.
- Oversee all kitchen activities and coordinate work with the staff and the supervisor to ensure open communications and effective operations.
- Lead by example. Inspire respect and gratitude between co-workers.
- Maintain the highest levels of quality in the selection and production of all items purchased and served.
- Continue to create and innovate new culinary creations that excite you as a chef and delight guests.
- Control and direct the sourcing of product, recipe management, food preparation processes, and the presentation of each dish to our guests.
- Bring the skills and dedication needed to work within standard restaurant guidelines for the costing of labor, food to the plate, and understand the metrics required to ensure the profitability of the kitchen.
- Be aware of your staff’s activities, product/ingredient pars, vendor capabilities, and equipment needs to insure the effective operation of the kitchen on a daily basis. Be proactive in your work.
- Be responsible for the hiring, training, and oversight of all kitchen staff.
- Be an effective leader who inspires the staff to give their best effort.
- Ensure that the kitchen complies with all nutrition, sanitation, and safety regulations as required by the State of Michigan and the Lenawee County Health Department.
- Take pride in care and maintenance of equipment.
- Coordinate kitchen staff scheduling, attendance, pay scale, reviews and raises with supervisor.
- Track inventory and produce reports at the close of each month.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Please send resume to email@example.com