Position: Group Exercise Instructor
Classification: Part-time hourly
Reports to: Fitness and Wellness Director
Pay: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, class attendance, number of classes scheduled
Schedule: Morning and evening opportunities available
The Christian Family Centre (The Centre) exists to serve Lenawee County and surrounding communities by being a world-class choice for one’s physical, social, and spiritual wellness with Jesus Christ being the center. The Centre has a well-established Group Exercise program that is an important and valued benefit to our members. We are currently seeking energetic, passionate and knowledgeable Group Exercise Instructors to join our team right away! Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Aquatic Fitness
- Senior Fitness
- Youth Sports Performance
- Studio-based Fitness (Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, Zumba, Cardio Drumming, TRX, Kettlebell, HIIT, Bootcamp, and more)
- Plan safe, effective, and enjoyable workouts for class participants.
- Demonstrate and implement proper exercise form and movement mechanics.
- Utilize optimal modifications and progressions for varying fitness levels.
- Use equipment safely as it was intended for use.
- Encourage, challenge, and connect with each class participant.
- Attend any instructor staff meetings/trainings as scheduled.
- Complete accident/incident reports as needed.
- A Christ-centered life and commitment to excellence.
- The physical ability to perform classes instructed.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a servant’s heart.
- CPR/AED certification must be current or obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Current nationally recognized Group Fitness certification (e.g. ACE, AFAA, NETA).
- Specialty certification is accepted in lieu of a general Group Fitness certification for specialty classes such as Silver Sneakers, Yoga, Pilates, Kettlebell, and Cycling.
- At least 6 months experience teaching group exercise classes is preferred.
- Maintain current certifications through continuing education credits (provided to you by The Centre).
If interested, please fill out form below: