The Christian Family Centre exists to glorify Jesus Christ and is actively seeking individuals with a desire to see lives transformed.
If you have a passion for coordinating events of all shapes and sizes, have a design style that makes people say “WOW”, and are skilled at all the “behind the scenes” work that goes into making these events happen then we want to talk to you!
Classification: Full Time Hourly
Reports to: Programs and Events Director
The Centre’s Catering and Events Specialist (CES) is responsible for ensuring that events of all types (banquets, concerts, meetings, festivals, etc.) are set up appropriately and executed at a high level while honoring God, guests, and team-members in the process. The CES is a leader with a servant’s heart, a team player and diplomat with exceptional social skills, a creative planner with an eye for detail, and an experienced hospitality professional with a love for event production and management. This position acts as the liaison between the events department, the operations team, the food-service department, the technical production team and our guests, both prior-to and during events. Specific days, hours and shifts will be determined by The Centre’s event calendar and may consist of a mix of days, evenings, and Saturdays.
The Christian Family Centre, or The Centre, exists to serve Lenawee County and surrounding communities by being a world-class choice for one’s physical, social, and spiritual wellness with Jesus Christ being the center.
Working in an environment that promotes Christian values
Working on a team that values life/work balance and your quality of life
Health insurance benefits offered for this role
Complimentary family membership to The Centre
- To represent The Centre and Lenawee Christian Ministries by promoting the mission of The Centre above all other priorities and setting the example through your actions.
- To take clients through the booking process in a way that honors their vision for their event.
- To be The Centre’s on-site point-of-contact for any assigned events, welcoming the contact, reviewing with them the details of their event, addressing any concerns or revisions, maintaining contact with the guest during the event (as appropriate), processing payments, leaving detailed notes about the event for the purpose of improving our systems, and ensuring that the event team is successful in providing a memorable and quality experience.
- To be positive, flexible, and creative when unexpected, reasonable changes or requests arise, determine the best course of action, and deliver an outcome that serves the guest while maintaining The Centre’s mission.
- To develop synergy with all teams that support the events department and assist as necessary to meet prescribed timelines and quality expectations for setup, execution, and breakdown.
- To assist with maintaining an inventory of event supply levels for tables, chairs, linens, china, silver, glassware, décor and other items. Assist with ordering these items as necessary to maintain appropriate levels.
- To maintain and maximize storage areas for event supplies and eliminate infrequently used items.
- To complete any other assigned tasks that support the events department.
Knowledge, skills, characteristics, and abilities required:
- You strive to live a Christ-centered life that supports Christian values and ideals.
- You have a commitment to personal growth through Jesus Christ.
- You are detail oriented, organized and are skilled at planning.
- You can effectively use standard Microsoft office applications.
- You love to design spaces, things and environments that are attractive while being functional.
- You are the person in your circle that plans all your events, parties, outings, and vacations.
- You’ve been told that you spend way too much time looking at décor on Pinterest…
- You are optimistic, positive and look for solutions when faced with opportunities.
- You have a passion for serving others.
- You can coordinate several departments’ contributions into a single finished product.
- You can put yourself in the shoes of your client, ask appropriate questions and develop a plan based on their vision.
- You are comfortable with remote and face-to-face interactions with guests, clients, and team members.
- You can move at a quick pace with a sense of urgency while muti-tasking, be on your feet for several hours at a time, climb stairs, and have the physical ability to assist in moving tables, chairs, and other items related to event production.
Preference will be given to candidates that have proven experience in event production and management or a related hospitality field.
If interested, please submit resume to: CLama@thecentre.info