Volleyball Program Overview
Impact Jr. Volleyball (grades 1-2) is a one-of-a-kind and new format for Lenawee County. Jr. Volleyball gives girls an introduction to the sport through specifically designed age appropriate skills and functional movements. A lead coach, along with volunteer coaches, will lead the athletes through fun filled and instructional stations.
Impact Volleyball is an instructional league designed for girls, grades 3-6. This league is designed to be progressive allowing girls to develop fundamentals and learn the competitive skills necessary for game play. Impact Volleyball will encourage athletic advancement through lessons in teamwork and sportsmanship while in a Christ-centered environment. At each game, players will be introduced to the crowd and all children are invited to our end of the season celebration.
Saturday Mornings starting September 16th
Weekdays starting the week of September 11th
Monday August 28th
Pricing: $40 Centre Members/$50 Non Members
$50 late fee after August 25th
- The Centre develops unique rules for volleyball and they vary for each age level based on best practices and league experience. Also note that rules will gradually tighten through the year as the children develop more and more skill.
- League registrations may be capped based on gym space. Please register as early as possible to ensure a slot!
- Practice locations will range from The Centre, LCS, to local church gyms.
- Game locations are primarily at The Centre and LCS, but depending on league size will include other locations.
- Teams are balanced competitively based on evaluations. In the event that there are not enough numbers to form teams players will play academy style using some time for skill building and some time blended for matches. Beyond that we will honor parent/child and sibling relationships within the same league. Requests for particular practice times and/or friends will be honored when possible, but cannot be guaranteed given the size of the league.
- Parents and fans are expected to model positive, Christ-honoring behavior and sportsmanship at all times. While we aim for no mistakes on or off the court, they will happen. We expect parents to work along side the Impact team to resolve situations quickly and for the benefit of the children.
- All coaches are required to pass a state and national background check. Previous volleyball experience is preferred. If you are not comfortable giving team devotions, our staff will assist you or we will match you with a partner coach that is gifted that way.
- Volunteers are vital to this league. Please prayerfully consider helping out, whether it is as a coach, a scorekeeper, a referee, or concession worker.